If you live within the city limits of Columbus, Indiana, you are eligible to receive service from Columbus City Utilities (CCU).

The CCU is a municipally owned and operated utility. It has certain procedures for citizens of the City to gain services and different procedures for those who live outside the corporate limits.

If you live outside of the City of Columbus, you should first go to the Bartholomew County planning office and make an application for service with them. We have a brochure titled “Water and Sewer Service for Rural Residents” that explains the procedures that must be followed to obtain service.